The Amazon Kindle device stores eBook files in MOBI format. Since files. MOBI is not compatible with most other devices or programs, you must convert them to HTML to view or edit outside of the Kindle platform. As long as your eBook file does not have digital rights management or DRM attached to it, you can download it to the Kindle direct mail system and download a converted HTML copy of it.
- Open a web browser and go to Kdp.amazon.com.
- Click on the “Sign In” button in the upper right corner of the page and then log in to the system using your regular Amazon.com credentials.
- Click the “Add a new title” button. “
- Scroll down to the “download your book file” section of the page and click on the “Browse for Book” button.
- Select the Kindle file. MOBI that you want to convert to HTML and click “OK” or “Open”.
- Press the “Book Upload” button.
- Click “Book Preview” Once the MOBI file has been successfully transferred to the system. A window opens with a preview of the converted file.
- Click the “Download HTML” link at the top of the pop-up window to download a copy of the converted HTML file to your computer.
That sums up the process of changing the Kindle eBooks format, i.e., MOBI to HTML. These steps will help you convert the format of Kindle eBooks to HTML.
How to Convert a PDF File with Images for an Amazon Kindle
While the Amazon Kindle displays PDF files, they are not in Kindle format and they do not work particularly well on the device. The text is the only size, and you cannot annotate everything. However, you can send a PDF file, with images, to Amazon to convert for free. The document will interact with the Kindle. You can enjoy all the features of the Kindle with the document. The only restriction is the PDF file should not have copy protection on it.
- Open your e-mail program
- Come in “@free.kindle.com” in the “To:” field with the name of your Kindle account.
- Write “Convert” in the subject line of the email.
- Send the email. Amazon will convert it to Kindle, and place the document in your account to download.
With that, you will be able to convert PDF with images for your Kindle device. However, if that doesn’t happen, then you can get in touch with Kindle support providers to know the process of conversion. Or, if you face a different type of problem, even then, Kindle support providers will assist you.